The position is a full time Leasing and Customer Service Manager. Here is the link for the online application: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=b9658669-ff00-437f-8aab-f755959b2382&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US
Management Services Corporation (MSC), one of the Caton Companies, is seeking a Leasing & Customer Service Manager for our properties at Sunchase at Longwood, The Greens at Sunchase, and The Churchill Apartments, all in Farmville, Virginia. You can become an integral part of a team that is consistently rates top in customer service and stays driven to positively impact our residents, employees, and owners.
The Leasing & Customer Service Manager has a vital role in the growth and development of the properties. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join a company that focuses on growing our employees--as well as the bottom line. This role combines sales, customer service, and marketing to lease apartment homes to interested prospects as well as administrative/managerial tasks that assist the Property Manager to ensure that income is maximized, expenses minimized, and value preserved and increased. He/she leases apartments in our communities through product demonstration and strategic marketing. Responsibilities include maintaining high levels of resident satisfaction and retention. Our team is commited achieving goals, objectives, the mission statement, and policies of the Owner and company at a predetermined profit per annual budget. We provide professional, ethical management and service to residents.
Your Responsibilities will Include:
- Greet and assist residents, prospective residents and visitors promptly and courteously.
- Answer all telephones promptly and provide courteous assistance to callers; schedule appointments for prospects.
- Lease apartments and sell property’s products and services to prospects.
- Process applications thoroughly and promptly according to rental criteria, run credit reports for applicants, verify employment and housing references.
- Maintain considerate and timely contact with prospects and applicants.
- Accept application fees, reservation deposits, move-in rent assuring all rental and record keeping procedures are followed according to MSC policy.
- Respond to internet leads, answer prospect calls and conduct property tours following the guidelines outlined by MSC.
- Utilize established sales strategies to increase property traffic and maintain closing ratios.
- Maintain thorough product knowledge of the property and that of major competition.
- Assist with planning, scheduling and hosting resident functions.
- Assist in promotional planning and follow-through.
- Assist in marketing duties such as creating, updating, and monitoring all advertisements for apartments/properties.
- Create and manage part time leasing specialists schedule to include weekend scheduling.
- Assist with posting receipts to accounts accurately and issuing resident receipts. Taking deposits to the bank.
- Upload attachments to resident accounts.
- Sending resident text messages, emails, flyers, other correspondence regarding events, balances, etc.
- Have knowledge and understanding of company policy and applicable governing laws – confidentiality, Fair Housing Law, Virginia Landlord and Tenant Act, ADA, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of the lease agreement, leasing procedures, property policy and procedures and company policy and procedures.
- Complete word processing, spreadsheets and projects as assigned by manager.
- Responsible for front office appearance and maintenance. Reception area must always be neat, professional, clean, orderly and inviting.
- Routing suggestions made for improvements in office operation.
- Ensure that prospects and residents receive excellent customer service and have an exceptional customer experience.
- Assist with garnering positive surveys and reviews. Monitor Bird Eye scores.
- Property specific duties as attached.
- Perform other duties as assigned by your manager.
Required Education and Experience:
- Prior sales experience in leasing, retail, banking, or another related field(s). Superior leasing/sales skills.
- Communication Proficiency - Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, customers, staff members and the general public. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Excellent written and verbal communication. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret all forms of information. Ability to fluently read and write English.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred Education and Experience, but not Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge of apartment property management normally acquired by two years of college or comparable work experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- NAAEI Designations
- Real Estate License
The Caton Companies provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
• Competitive Compensation Package
• Comprehensive Health and Dental Insurance
• FSA Program
• 401K Program
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Leave
Why you should apply:
• Excellent, positive working environment
• Working for a family-owned company that cares about your success
• Working for a growing company
If you fit the criteria above and are ready to join a successful and passionate team, please apply today!
Employment is conditional on satisfactorily completing all pre-employment requirements. Starting salary depends upon prior work skills and experience.
MSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer