The Babcock House is a restored, turn of the century inn, dating back to 1884. It is believed that the front five rooms of the Babcock House were built in 1884 by Samuel Patterson Coleman, Jr. Subsequently, the house was owned by the Abbitt family. In 1908, the property was sold at public auction to H.C. Babcock for the price of $1,815.00. Adding the rooms to the rear of the original five, the Babcocks used the house as a family dwelling and boarding house until it was converted to a bed and breakfast in 1996.